“No Cook” Meals
Pulled Chicken & Avocado Pita Pocket “Vegan”
(For Chicken use a Rotisserie Chicken from Prepared foods at WHOLE FOODS Market)
- 1 Store bought Rotisserie Chicken- meat pulled off the bone(set aside in a mixing bowl)
- 1 Package Pita Pockets ( White or Wheat)
- 1 Ripe Tomato sliced
- 1 Container- your “favorite” store bought Guacamole
- 1 Bag- Spring mix
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1 tsp. Ground Cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Pull chicken of the bone of the rotisserie chicken and place in mixing bowl
2. Then add lime juice, cumin, cayenne, salt & pepper. Toss together
3. Cut Pita in half and start to assemble by first spreading some guacamole in pita, then add spring mix and tomato
4. Lastly place pulled chicken mixture in to pita pocket, then the sandwich is complete
Grilled Salmon with Local Cucumber Salad & Greek Yogurt
(For Grilled Salmon use a piece of Pre- cooked grilled salmon from Prepared Foods at WHOLE FOODS Market)
Local Cucumber Tomato Salad
- 5 medium tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/4 onion, peeled, halved lengthwise, and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Coarse salt and black pepper
Dress the tomatoes, onions, and cucumber with olive oil, red wine vinegar, dill, salt, and pepper.
Let stand while you prepare dinner, about 20 minutes. Re-toss and serve with Pre-cooked Grilled Salmon
Greek Yogurt Sauce
- 8 oz. Fage Greek Yogurt
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
1. Place yogurt in a bowl, add lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper and stir till combined
2. Then add a nice spoonful on top of Grilled Salmon
Raw Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Olives and Mint
- 3 Tablespoons/45ml olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons/30ml of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 2 pounds medium zucchini (about 5-6)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 2 oz/57g Mixed greens like baby spinach, and baby kale
- 4 oz/113g of goat cheese
- ¼ cup/ 30g of lightly toasted pine nuts
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Trim the ends of the zucchini. With a vegetable peeler or Mandolin, shave lengthwise into long, wide strips about 1/16 inch thick.
3. When you get to the center of the zucchini, turn it over and slice from the other side until you get to the center again.
4. Put the zucchini ribbons in the large bowl, add the chopped mint, olives and greens, toss gently with vinaigrette to lightly coat.
5. Top with crumbled goat cheese and toasted pine nuts. Serve immediately.