August 7, 2012
Back to School Coupons
Send your kids back to school without going broke! Rachel Krych from Couponing with Rachel joined us in studio with some great money saving tips.
1. Know before you go: Before heading out to any sales you’ll first need to know two things: what you need and what you already have. To save money, be sure to check around to see what items you may already have in your home.
2. Shop early: While you still have quite a few weeks before school begins it’s never too early to start. You will even find that the best deals are earlier in the season.
3. Don’t forget the drug stores: Drug stores aren’t just for pharmacy pickups and middle of the night emergencies. CVS, Rite Aid, and Walgreens will have some awesome prices for supplies; some may even be free after rewards.
4. Stockpile: Just as household items get lost, you’ll find that school supplies will too. Instead of paying full price later in the year, buy a few extras now. These extras may also be nice stocking stuffers for Christmas.
5. Shop late: For those of you who aren’t early birds, you may like this last tip. Once school is in session you will find that items will go on clearance. You might be able to snag some school supplies up to 90 percent off.
One Tank Trips
Ever wanted to run away and join the circus? It’s only a one tank trip away! Neil Zurcher takes us to the Cincinnati Circus Company for some flying trapeze classes! Check out today’s video clip.
No Cook Meals
Tired of slaving over a hot stove in the kitchen? Sara Schoenberger from Whole Foods Market brought three easy recipes that require no cooking! The recipes for Pulled Chicken & Avocado Pita Pockets, a Cucumber and Tomato Salad, and a Raw Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Olives and Mint can all be found on the New Day website!
Mitchell’s Ice Cream
We had to follow up Sara’s easy recipes with some dessert! David took us inside one of the coolest spots in Northeast Ohio. Mitchell’s Ice Cream recently opened up it’s seventh shop in the area and we decided to get the inside “scoop” on their unique and delicious flavors. Check them out in Rocky River, Solon, Strongsville, and more!