Tom Cruise Lawyer Calls Tabloid Report ‘Disgusting’
(Photo credit: MGN Online.)
By Alan Duke, CNN
LOS ANGELES (CNN) — Tom Cruise struck back at tabloid reports about his relationship with his 6-year-old daughter, Suri in the wake of his divorce from Katie Holmes.
“The tabloids are at it again, trying to make a buck by publishing more grotesquely false claims about Tom Cruise,” the actor’s attorney Bert Fields said Wednesday.
Fields singled out Life & Style, which he called “a sleazy magazine” for “a bogus cover headline that Suri has been ‘ABANDONED BY HER DAD.’”
“That, as anyone knows who saw their photos together yesterday and today, is a disgusting, vicious lie,” Fields said.
Cruise and Holmes announced a week ago that they “amicably settled” their divorce, just two weeks after Holmes filed for it.
“Until this week, Tom was shooting a film on location, but he spoke to Suri every day,” Field said. “He’s with Suri right now; and he was with her the day before Life & Style trumpeted their cruelly false accusation. Tom dearly loves Suri and the last thing he would ever do is abandon her.”
Representatives of Life & Style did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.
– CNN’s Carolyn Sung contributed to this report.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center