Man Dies in Car Accident During Police Pursuit
BROOK PARK, Ohio — A man died in an early morning car accident following a police pursuit Sunday.
Parma Heights police witnessed Neil Guercia, 22, of Brook Park, turning onto Huffman Road from Mandalay Drive at a high rate of speed at approximately 4:20 a.m. At this point police say they pursued Guercia’s vehicle, which then ran a red light at West 130th street before crossing over onto Smith Road.
Guercia lost control of his vehicle shortly thereafter and crashed into a tree at 15501 Holland Road in Brook Park.
It is unknown if Guercia was under the influence at the time of the crash.
The Parma Heights Police Department is still investigating the accident.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center