Fisherman Missing After Falling Into Lake Erie
AVON LAKE, Ohio — The U.S. Coast Guard was searching Lake Erie late Wednesday night for a man who disappeared near Miller Road Park.
Avon Lake Police tell Fox 8 News that a 23-year-old Cleveland man was fishing with some friends at approximately 8:30 p.m, when he fell into the water. They tried to save him, but were unsuccessful in doing so.
The Avon Lake Fire Department dispatched a dive team to the scene, and a Coast Guard boat and helicopter searched the waters for the man until just before 1 a.m.
A spokesperson for the USCG said crews would likely continue the search Friday morning.
Further details about the incident, including the identity of the missing man, were not immediately released.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this story as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- Mansfield Woman Admits to Taking Toy from Child's Grave
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center