Woman Fatally Shot in Cleveland Identified
Cleveland police officers investigate the scene of a fatal shooting on Division Avenue. (Photo credit: Fox 8 News)
CLEVELAND, Ohio — Homicide detectives are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman on Cleveland’s west side Saturday evening.
The Cuyahoga Medical Examiner’s Office has identified the victim as 32-year-old Takella Giles, of Cleveland.
Cleveland police were called to an apartment in the 2700 block of Division Avenue, off of West 25th Street, at approximately 6 p.m. Saturday. Once there, officers found Giles unresponsive with a gunshot wound. She was pronounced dead by EMS at the scene.
Police said Giles’ 3-year-old child was also discovered in the apartment. The child was unharmed and released to another family member.
The Cuyahoga Medical Examiner’s Office will determine an official cause of death.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting is asked to call the Cleveland Police Homicide Unit at (216) 632-5464.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this news story as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Man Arrested, 18 Locations Raided in Gambling Ring