June 27, 2012
Hollywood and Dine
David jetted to L.A. to sit down with the stars of the upcoming film, “Magic Mike” and as always, he found out the actor’s favorite meals. Today, David recreated Channing Tatum’s latest dinner with “Nacho Ordinary Taco Salad!”
The Benefits of Green Foods
Going green isn’t only good for the environment, it is great for your body too! Medeana Hobar from Nature’s Bin was back to convince us to eat our greens.
Here’s why you should go green:
- The chlorophyll (what makes food green) content of a food is a major indicator of the health attributes of any given plant based food.
- Chlorophyll rich foods have a very deep green color, and they are extraordinarily useful in building new blood cells and purifying the body from cancer and radiation.
- Chlorophyll also assists in wound healing, intestinal regularity, detoxification, and deodorization of the body.
- Green foods have a strong impact on the quality & purity of our bloodstream. Chlorophyll has been called ‘green blood’ due to its similarity to the oxygen carrying molecule in blood: hemoglobin.
- Use dark-green leafy veggies like kale, collards & spinach in salads
- Juice dark green veggies as often as possible
- Use a SuperGreens powder or capsule supplement that is loaded with chlorophyll rich plants, sea vegetables, algae & cyanobacteria.
We added some more Mexican to the show today by traveling to Nuevo Acapulco. We discovered their most popular dishes and unique drink menu, including an interesting margarita and beer combo! Nuevo Acapulco is located on Lorain Road in North Olmsted.
Sur La Table
With so many kitchen gadgets in stores, it’s hard to know which ones are worth the money. David turned to the experts at Sur La Table to learn a thing or two about the best kitchen products.
Summer Pool Essentials
Lisa Kusner from Aurora Farms Premium Outlets joined Kristi in studio to showcase some of the hottest poolside looks! The best part? They won’t break the bank! Check out our video page for a second look at the outfits.
July 4th Summer Sale at Aurora Farms Premium Outlets:
Fri, June 29 – Wed, July 4
You’ve got your perfect poolside outfit, but what about your hair? We visited Ichiban Salon and Day Spa in Westlake to learn how to create beautiful, beachy waves.
Take your look from day to night by pulling your waves into a ponytail and re-curling the ends. For a classy touch, take a small section of hair from the underside of the ponytail and wrap around your elastic band, hiding it. Secure with a bobby pin on the underside of the ponytail.