June 19, 2012
Mad Men Fashion
With television shows like “Mad Men” influencing the latest trends, fashion seems to be flashing back to the 60′s! Kristi’s personal stylist, Audrey Bergin from Audrey’s Sweet Threads stopped by to show us how to incorporate 60′s fashion into your style.
To check out the same clothes from today’s show, visit Audrey’s website!
The Woodroom Martini and Wine Bar
Chef Kevin Dauterman from The Woodroom joined David in the kitchen to make their signature Roasted Red Pepper Bruschetta. In addition to some excellent food, the restaurant features unique martinis and wine that are perfect for summer. Newly opened this last December, The Woodroom is located in Willoughby Hills.
34100 Chardon Rd
Willoughby Hills, OH 44094
Suntan Lotion 101
With temperatures spiking this week, we decided to the scoop on SPF, UVA, UVB, and all the other confusing terms that come with Sunblock. In studio was Dr. Jennifer Lucas from the Cleveland Clinic to explain the latest innovations in sunblock and tips to keep us safe.
Some of Dr. Lucas’s tips?
- Avoid the sun midday.
- If you can see your hand through your clothing, that means it isn’t providing you enough protection from the sun.
- Even if the sunblock claims it can stick to wet skin, always try to apply sunscreen when dry and indoors.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply!
- If you have a spot of concern (a pimple that won’t heal, a strange looking freckle…) have your doctor check it out.
The season 10 winner of American Idol, Scotty McCreery was at the WGAR studio to talk about his concert tour with Brad Paisley and newly released album, “Clear as Day.” Kristi stopped by to chat with the rising country star about his whole life changing in just a few short years.
One Tank Trips: Canal Fulton
It was another One Tank Trip today! This time, Neil Zurcher took us to Canal Fulton to visit The St. Helena III, a place that serves up Canal Mud, and the home of the two pound banana split!
Of course, our One Tank Trips wouldn’t be complete without AAA! Brian Newbacher joined us again, this time, to discuss AAA’s TripTik Travel Planner, tour books, and discounts on amusement parks.
- Cedar Point’s adult gate price is $51.99; AAA’s price is $40.50.
- Kennywood in western Pennsylvania, $37.99 at the gate; AAA’s price is $25.00.
- AAA also has discounts to Disney World in Orlando, Hershey Park, Dollywood and others. So don’t forget to take advantage of your AAA membership this summer!
Kristi put the pedal to the medal at this remote control speedway! She tried her hand at racing HOPRA cars at their mini, indoor track. Let’s just say there’s a definite learning curve!
Check out the:
38th Annual HOPRA National Championships
Quality Inn & Conference Center, Akron
After all this action, lounging on a leather sofa sounded great! Kristen Mahnke from Levin Furniture introduced us to Levin’s new line of leather sofa’s & love seats.