Thrill Ride Malfunctions at Cedar Point
(Photo credit: Fox 8 News video/Cedar Point)
SANDUSKY, Ohio — A thrill ride at Cedar Point malfunctioned Saturday morning, stranding riders for more than an hour, Fox 8 News reports.
Spokesman Bryan Edwards said the problem happened unexpectedly on the WindSeeker, a giant swing ride that rotates to the top of a 300-foot tower, before spinning back down.
The ride stopped about 100-150 feet in the air, with 29 riders secured in their seats, Edwards said.
Park employees lowered the ride carriage down manually. Everyone was safely escorted off the ride, and no one was hurt.
“Our safety procedures kicked in successfully,” Edwards told Fox 8 News.
Meanwhile, WindSeeker is shut down for inspection. Edwards said the ride won’t reopen until officials find out what caused it to malfunction, and are confident that it is completely safe.
Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for updates on this story as they become available.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Local Radio Host Calling Howard Stern As Trial Witness