Recipe: Chef Zack Bruell’s Pesto
Recipe by Chef Zack Bruell
*Chef Bruell is the owner of five Cleveland restaurants — Parallax, Table 45, L’Albatros, Chinato and the new Cowell & Hubbard. He used this pesto recipe during Fox 8 News In The Morning to make his summer pesto salad with grilled chicken and tomato.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In food processor, combine basil, garlic and pine nuts and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add Parmesan cheese, then slowly add olive oil until fully incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.