Summer Heat: How to Stay Cool in Hot Weather
CLEVELAND, Ohio — This weekend is the traditional start of summer, and it is sure going to feel like it. The air will be sizzling along with all of the barbecue grills.
Friday was a perfect day to enjoy the beach at Edgewater Park in Cleveland. With temperatures at a record-breaking 90 degrees, the waters of Lake Erie or even a shaded park bench were very inviting.
“I enjoy being outside, and so I enjoy it more when it’s weather like this. I’m a swimmer, so I enjoy being able to swim outdoors in a pool or here at the lake,” said Sunshine Harvey.
For some children, a hot, sunny day is just not for them.
“I would rather have the snow than this,” said Gabriel Grant
The city of Cleveland wants to remind residents of some important hot weather tips:
- Limit outdoor activity to the mornings and evenings.
- Cut down on exercise and drink plenty of fluids (non-alcoholic).
- Stay indoors as much as possible, or someplace with air-conditioning.
- Wear light-weight, light-colored, loose-fitting clothing.
- Remember to check on the very young and very old.