Recipe: The Greenhouse Tavern Pizza
Recipe executed during Fox 8 News In The Morning by Chef Brian Goodman, of The Greenhouse Tavern
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon pure olive oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Flour, for dusting the pizza peel
- 3 whole ice onions
- 2 oz black pepper crème freiche
- 10 whole asparagus
- 1/2 cup pancetta
Purchasing and Prep:
- Place the sugar, salt, olive oil, water, 2 cups of flour and yeast into a mixer. Using the paddle attachment, start the mixer on low and mix until the dough just comes together, forming a ball. Attach the hook to the mixer and knead for 15 minutes on medium speed.
- Roll the pizza dough into a smooth ball on the countertop. Place into a stainless steel bowl. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the bowl and toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Moisten counter top and roll dough into 3 small tight balls and allow to rest for another 30 minutes.
- Using your hands or a rolling pin, roll dough on a pizza peel and make a lip around the edges of the dough for the crust. Dress the pizza with crème freiche, ice onions, asparagus and pancetta.
To Cook on Grill … Preheat grill for one hour. Grill for 12 minutes.
To Cook on Pizza Stone … Preheat oven for one hour. Place pizza onto stone and cook for 7 minutes.
*This recipe is the property of Chef Jonathon Sawyer.