My Town: Canal Clean Up
CLEVELAND — More than 1,000 volunteers will be participating in Ohio’s largest done-in-a-day cleanup this Saturday during the annual “RiverSweep”.
The Ohio Canal Corridor hosts the 23rd Annual “RiverSweep” Environmental Cleanup along nine location on the Ohio & Erie Canalway.
The more than 1,000 volunteers will work together to clear river valleys of debris, where future parks, greenways and extended trails will be developed.
The clean up begins on Saturday, May 12th, at 9:00 a.m. and runs until noon. There will be a celebratory luncheon following the cleanup from noon to 2:00 p.m. at Hart Crane Park on the corner of Merwin Ave. and Columbus Road.
The clean up will take place at the following nine locations:
- The Flats East – Meet at the corner of Merwin and Columbus (Sainato’s Restaurant: 1852 Columbus Rd. Cleveland, OH. 44113.
- The Flats West – Meet on the outside patio of the Cleveland Aquarium: 2000 Sycamore Street Cleveland, OH 44113
- Canal Basin – Meet at the intersection of Merwin and West. North of Flat Iron/Red Swing Bridge, south of Settlers Landing.
- Morgana Run/Slavik Village – Meet at 6711 Broadway in the parking lot of Aldi and MetroHealth.
- Train Avenue – Meet at Aries Industries.
- Tremont – Meet at Clark field (approx. address: 2690 West 7th Street).
- West Creek – Meet at Pleasent Valley and Broadview Rd. in Parma. Park at Giant Eagle off Broadview Rd.
- Millcreek/Slavik Village – Meet at Brilla House (8411 Webb Terrace) located at the intersection of Turney, Broadway, and Warner.
- Big Creek/Lower Harvard – Meet at the C & D Trucking and Equipment Parking lot. Address: 4015 Jennings Road.