Shrimp, Crab and Avocado Lemonette
- 1/2 each Avocado, Ripe, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- 6 pieces Shrimp, 26/30, precooked, cooled and slice in 1/2 lengthwise
- 2 ounces Crab Meat, Jumbo Lump
- 1/4 ounce Rocket Arugula, prep
- 1 ounce Lemonette
- 1 ounce Smoked Bacon, prep, cut 1/2″ pieces
- 1 teaspoon Chopped Chives, prep
- 1/2 ounce Lemonette dressing, prep
- 1 ounce Croutons
Slice the Avocado half into 4 equal wedges and carefully peel back the skin. Season all 4 slices with Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Place the slices in the bowl pointing out into 4 different directions.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the halved shrimp, jumbo lump crab meat, rocket arugula, lemonette, smoked bacon pieces, and chopped chives. Toss ingredients together gently and place them into center of the plate on top of the Avocado Slices.
Place 1/2 ounce of the Lemonette Dressing on the Avocado slices and crush two pieces of Croutons over the top of the salad in the center.
To make Lemonette Dressing:
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 2 large lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil (first cold pressed preferred)
- 1/4 salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (or to taste)
1. Juice the lemons and place juice in a blender.
2. Add mustard powder and garlic and blend at a low speed to chop the garlic and distribute the mustard powder into the liquid evenly.
3. Continue blending and add the salt and agave nectar through the opening on the top of the blender lid. Blend for 1 minute.
4. Turn the speed on your blender to high and drizzle the oil very slowly in an even stream. This is most easily done by placing the oil in a measuring cup with a spout or a bottle. Add about 1 tablespoon and then wait 10 seconds. Repeat with the remaining 3 tablespoons, adding each slowly and waiting 10 seconds between adding the next.
5. After the last tablespoon of oil continue blending for 10 more seconds and then stop the blender. You should have a smooth, creamy dressing. Taste with a clean spoon. If you desire more salt or more agave nectar, which may be the case if you particularly tart lemons, turn your blender on low and add the desired extras.