My Town: NDCL Senior Honored By NFL Star
CHARDON, Ohio — He may play for the Cleveland Browns biggest rival, but Pittsburgh Steeler All-Pro Safety Troy Polamalu is honoring one of Cleveland’s own.
Notre Dame Cathedral Latin senior Emily Courtney was chosen by Polamalu as his April student of the month.
Each month, the award is given to students for academic and community achievements.
Polamalu made the announcement on his website Troy43.com, saying:
“Not only does Emily show great leadership, servitude and dedication at her school, but she goes above and beyond to lead and involve herself in many charitable causes out in the world as well. She’s no doubt an inspiration to those around her, and I hope she’s an inspiration to you as well.”
Emily was nominated by NDCL theology teacher Mr. Doug Murray for her outstanding work in the classroom and community.
“I get involved for the good of others,” Courtney said. “To be recognized for being myself is an exciting and humbling experience.”
Polamalu sent Emily a gift basket with plenty of football gifts and an iPad.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Local Radio Host Calling Howard Stern As Trial Witness