Catholics Prepare to Head Back to Closed Parishes

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND, Ohio --

Catholics kicked out of their churches three years ago met Saturday to prepare to go back into their parishes, once again.

The group "Endangered Catholics" met at West Side Hungarian Evangelical to discuss a ruling by the Vatican.

The group's attorney, Peter Borre, says the congregation of the clergy ruled last week that Cleveland's Bishop Richard Lennon failed to follow procedure in the closings three years ago.

Saturday's meeting was designed to bring representatives from parishes together to discuss what happens next.

"It is in his hands. He's ordered to restore our parishes; he's ordered to open our churches ... that is up to him. However, I believe that we are willing to help in any way," said Endangered Catholics President Patricia Schulte-Singleton.

A spokesman for the Catholic Diocese says they have yet to receive the rulings from the Vatican, and, therefore, can't make a comment on the situation.