Whitney Houston’s Cleveland Roots
Before the bright lights and Hollywood super-stardom, Whitney Houston was a little known singer, paying her dues at small concert venues throughout the country.
And while on that road to fame, Houston made a few stops right here in Cleveland at the now defunct Front Row Theater in Highland Heights and at the Blossom Music Center in Cuyahoga Falls.
Cleveland radio personality Jimmy Malone, who at the time was a stand-up comedian, was Houston’s opening act at Front Row in the early 80′s.
He said Houston was very pretty, very nice and very nervous.
Malone added, “And so we’re talking and she was very nervous and here Jimmy Malone is saying, ‘Don’t worry, don’t worry, you’re gonna be fine. Everything will be good.’”
While toxicology results have yet to be finalized, many, including Malone, can only speculate what caused the singer’s death.
- Items Stolen from Baby's Grave; Video Finally Captures Image
- TMZ: Joan Rivers Says She's 'Not Apologizing' to DeJesus, Berry
- Corrections Officer Held Hostage for 5 Hours at Trumbull County Jail
- 12-Year-Old Girl Sexually Assaulted On Way to Learning Center
- Local Radio Host Calling Howard Stern As Trial Witness