Officials say that the victim of a fire in Aurora on Wednesday morning has died from injuries she sustained in the blaze.
Shane Cartmill, Public Information Officer for the Ohio State Fire Marshal, tells Fox 8 News that the woman, who was in her 50’s, died from injuries related to burns and smoke inhalation.
The fire broke out on Wednesday morning around 9:30 a.m. at a home located at 876 Parker Road. The fire was contained to the victim and the victim’s bed.
Cartmill says the fire has been ruled accidental and was caused by the careless use of smoking materials.