Crews Continue to Battle Chagrin Falls Restaurant Fire

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

Fire erupted late Wednesday morning at a well-known Italian restaurant in Chagrin Falls, Fox 8’s Jack Shea reports.

As of 12:30 p.m., crews from Chagrin Falls and surrounding communities were still fighting the fire at Joey’s Italian Restaurant located at 44 North Main Street. Earlier flames have since been reduced to dark smoke.

According to neighboring workers with whom Fox 8 News spoke, restaurant employees say grease ignited into a fireball that quickly spread throughout the building.

Joey’s was not open at the time, and there are no initial reports of any injuries.

Stick with Fox 8 News and FOX8.com for more information on this developing story as it becomes available.