Mrs. McCool Recipes: Country Corn, Tater Tot Surprise
Recipes by Pam McCool, Tracy McCool’s mom
Mrs. McCool’s Country Corn:
6 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
1 pkg (16 oz) frozen corn or 2 cups fresh corn
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/2 cup half & half cream
1/4 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
1. Saute onions in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir in corn & cover & cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. In small bowl, combine cornstarch, cream, water, salt & pepper until smooth.
4. Stir into corn mixture. Bring to boil.
5. Cook. Cover for 2 minutes or until thickens. Stir in tomatoes.
Mrs. McCool Tater Tot Surprise:
32 oz. tater tots
6-8 slices of Velveeta Cheese
1 1/2 lb. ground beef
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 medium onion chopped
Milk (you’ll fill 1/2 of the empty Cream of Chicken Soup can with milk)
1. Press uncooked ground beef in 9×13 pan.
2. Season with salt, pepper & garlic salt.
3. Add chopped onions.
4. Mix soup with 1/2 can milk.
5. Place cheese slices over meat & then pour soup mixture over cheese.
6. Place tater tots close together until mixture is covered.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.